I have been absent on my blog for over a month now and it's been quite difficult trying to get back into it. The difficult part being... trying to find the time.
But whilst I have had to focus on other things in my life, the time apart has also allowed me to think about my blog. Like really THINK about it. I needed to do that. I now know what purpose I want it to serve - to me and to anyone who visits my blog.
Well I think that's enough sentimental ramble - let me give you the lowdown on these little treasures that I baked the other day (I upped their pretty factor by dressing them up with edible pansies from our garden). Enjoy :D
ICED OATMEAL COOKIES (Makes +-2 dozen)
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups old fashioned oats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugars and eggs. Add vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture.
4. Mix in the old fashioned oats. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so and then mix again.
5. Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 10-12 minutes. (They spread, so bake about 6 at a time on large cookie sheets). The edges will become golden brown but the middles will look underdone. Cool on pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on racks. Makes 2-3 dozen.
For the glaze:
2 egg whites
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups icing sugar
1. Beat well. Hold cookies by outside edges and dip upside down in icing.
2. Decorate with edible flowers if you wish.