Monday 6 February 2012

how to make your fingers sparkle.



My friend Ange and I are obsessed with all things glitter right now. She came up with such a brilliant idea: Dipping your fingers in loose glitter after applying a fresh coat of nail polish. The chunkier the glitter, the better.


1. Apply one coat of nail polish (I used "Blueberry" from the Woolworths colour range) onto your index finger.
2. Dip finger into a bowl of loose glitter.
3. Repeat this method, one finger at a time - to avoid nail polish from drying out too quickly.
4. Apply a thin coat of clear varnish to fingers (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear)


Not only will your glittery digits catch the attention of many :) you will also find that this kind of method can handle a lot of wear and tear. It's been 3 days and I haven't had to worry about chipped nails yet!

5 comments:

  1. Love that colour. It's probably a mission to remove though? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right hey. Haha... I will just have to wait and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah glitter is so hard to remove it's not even worth it... OK who am I kidding, glitter is always worth it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've wanted to use glitter nail polish for quite some time...looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete