Friday 29 July 2011

homemade iced tea

Photos: heysweetie8
I'm fully aware of the fact that earlier this week, I promised to share plenty fantastic recipes on my blog (thanks to that lovely mama of mine). But this week turned out to be extremely busy, with lots of changes happening in my life. Moving on though - here is my mom's iced tea recipe I expect you to copy down and keep in a safe place. You are never going to want to lose this recipe! 


That said, it's SO simple, you'll soon know it off-by-heart after trying out the recipe for the first time. Quick, easy, perfect for when spring decides to show his happy face. 


3 rooibos or green teabags
1 litre boiling water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 litre fruit juice (any flavour will do)
sprigs of mint (extra)


1. Steep the rooibos or green tea teabags in 1 litre of boiling water.


2. Dissolve the brown sugar in it.


3. Once cooled, remove teabags, and add 1 litre of any fruit juice of your choice. (I use LiquiFruit).


4. Add a sprig or two of mint for some decoration. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment