Monday 20 June 2011

picnic and some "cookie pops"

Photos: heysweetie8
On Sunday we went with friends to Gillooly's farm, which is a pretty little park with a lake near Edenvale (I stand to be corrected - I think its that area). We had a picnic there and it was radi-cool. I took loads of photos of the surroundings, and, once I had completely exhausted myself from snapping away, I realised that my camera had been on some weird mode... "stupid" mode. The photos turned out completely over-exposed. I was so upset. Have you ever done that before? 

I managed to salvage a tiny handful of photos, and (thank goodness) I had also taken some pics of the "cookie pops" on my iPhone to send to my friend Cat. Phew. So here they are, and please excuse the quality. (By the way, that first photo on the left was taken straight after I found out my camera was on "stupid" mode).

Makes +- 48

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence (I used 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp rose water essence)

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. 

For the icing:  
Make a normal glacé icing: icing sugar and a few drops of boiling water. (Just like you did when you had baking day at pre-school) But substitute half of the water with rose water, it tastes sooo much better. Then throw on some sprinkles. Feel like your 6-year old self again? That's the point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment