Monday 20 June 2011

ephemera


Images: www.sheaff-ephemera.com
ephemera |əˈfem(ə)rə| plural noun.things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time.•   items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness or popularity Mickey Mouse ephemera. (From my Macbook dictionary)
This isn't exactly food-related, I know. But sometimes you've just got to share the love when you come across something so awesome! Dick Sheaff is an American who collects ephemera - old stamps, trade cards, tickets, post cards... The kind of stuff I gravitate toward whenever I'm antique shopping! 

I've posted a few of my favourite items from his website. So, if you're needing your daily fix of awesome, and you have a little bit of time on your hands, go and have a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment